BVHS Daily Announcements
Wednesday, December 7, 2022
If you would like to add an announcement, please email any of the secretaries:
Jeanie.Bruggeman@k12.sd.us, or Jessica.Henson@k12.sd.us, or Cherie.Mailander@k12.sd.us
- Messages in the office for:
- SRP starts Thursday. If you are earning a D- or F, check your schedule.
Seniors failing a class they need for graduation were assigned study hall(s). Check your schedule. Study halls start Thursday.
- Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors will meet during TEAM on Thursday in the Performing Arts Center. We will discuss semester testing and Winter Formal.
- Juniors and Seniors – be sure to check your attendance in Skyward to see what documentation will need to be turned in for your semester test exemption. If it’s “EX-” or “UN-” it counts against your attendance. If it’s “X-“ it does not. Appeal forms will be sent out no later than Friday. If you’re unsure if you need to appeal – check your attendance.
- Winter Formal ticket payment and pick-up is TODAY and Thursday, this week-during lunch in the commons. A student ID is required for ticket pick-up.
- No SRP today!
- Congratulations to the BVHS Speech Team! They competed at the SDHSAA State Interp Festival this past weekend in Mitchell and received Superior ratings in 6 out of 7 events. Overall, the team won a Team Excellence Award. Individual Superiors went to Kaylee Willard in Drama, Ian Candy in Humor and in Storytelling, Camdyn Duggan in Poetry, and Bergen Christensen and Camdyn Duggan in Duo. In addition, the Reader's Theatre team of Ian Candy, Kaylee Willard, Lucy Lamont, Bella Reif, and Julia Tinker received a Superior with Distinction rating; they received the only perfect score in Reader's Theatre among AA schools. Congratulations Speaking Lynx!
- BVHS World Cup Challenge! Complete the worksheet linked here and predict the final two teams! Turn the completed worksheet to the high school office by 3:30 pm on December 9, 2022 for your chance to WIN a $25 gift card! Late submissions will not be accepted. Copies of the worksheet are available in the office or you can print them at the Help Desk. FOUR students will win a $25 gift card donated by Black Hills Federal Credit Union.
- The Environmental Club will be meeting before school Thursday at 7:30 in Mrs. Presler's room (254), all are welcome to join!
- The BV mentoring program is starting back up Semester 2! The BV Mentoring Program matches a high school student with a middle school or elementary student to help make positive changes in academics and create positive relationships. Mentors may be assigned to work with a specific student or help a teacher with activities in their classroom. Please see Mrs. Willman if you have questions about the program and fill out the following form if you are interested: https://forms.gle/GcQmzTndrhVoCNdX7
- Educators Rising is having an angel tree supply drive this Christmas! If you are interested in giving this holiday season please grab an ornament off the tree (located in the commons) and drop off the items in the office. We also are taking donations of lightly used winter gear, games, or school supplies that can also be dropped off in the office. Thank you for your consideration and we are excited to see the impact this makes in our community! Questions can be emailed to: email@example.com
- Science Fair Judges needed for Fred Assam Elementary fair on Monday, January 30th. Judging is easy and fun to interact with elementary scientists and their exciting projects. All materials will be ready when you get there. Judges will need to be there 4:30-6:00pm and can stay for the awards if you choose. Please contact Stacia.Ericsson@k12.sd.us if interested.
- Reminder: forms to order the Senior Panoramic photo (same as the one hanging in the commons entrance by the office) are available in the office if you would like to order a copy for yourself. There are samples if you would like to see it first.
- Schedule Change Form is NOW ONLINE! Students are asked to discuss their schedule change with their parent prior to submitting a schedule change request. The link for the form can be found here and is also linked on the counselor’s website. A student must submit a form for each requested change. Once the schedule is changed, the student will receive an email from their school counselor. Schedule changes must be completed by January 23, 2023.
- The Coolidge Scholarship is now live! This is a full-ride, four-year, merit scholarship that may be used by recipients for undergraduate study at any accredited college or university in the United States. Any high school junior who plans to enroll in college in the fall of 2024 and is a US citizen or legal permanent resident may apply. Senior students are not eligible for this scholarship. For more information, head to the counselor website under the Financial Aid/Scholarships tab and click on the logo or see Ms. Likness with questions.
- Dakota Corps Scholarship is also available now to senior students who graduate from a SD high school, earn a 2.8 GPA or higher, 27 ACT composite or superscore, pursue a critical needs occupation degree, and attend a participating SD college. This is a full tuition scholarship. There is a new deadline for this scholarship of December 15th. For more information, head to the counselor website or see Ms. Likness.
- Dual Credit registration is now open! Juniors and seniors who meet the requirements are eligible to take classes as long as it fits in their schedule. For more information please view the dual credit presentation. THE DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS DECEMBER 21. Note: dual credit classes begin before BVHS semester 1 ends. Questions: email Katie.Murdy@k12.sd.us
- Come join SALSA (Serve And Learn Student Association) as a great way to connect with opportunities to serve your community! SALSA connects high school students to engage them in volunteerism, giving them the opportunity to meet new friends, explore careers, gain leadership experience, earn volunteer hours for scholarship applications, and make a difference in their community. If you missed any meetings, you can come to the next meeting to help support Project Warm Up and learn more about our next large group volunteer outing, with Habitat for Humanity and the Banquet West otherwise known as a SALSA Wide Event, and other great individual opportunities! SALSA Wide Event: Kids Against Hunger December 13. We will be packing meals to be distributed across the world. SALSA Wide Event: Kid Link December 20. We will be at two schools Terry Redlin, and Laura B. Anderson to help serve meals in the community, and run activities for children.
- LynxTV is looking for any students interested in working in the Audio/Video field to help with the Winter sports broadcasts. This is a paid position. Please contact Mr. Berndt in the helpdesk if you would like to participate.
- COLLEGE REP VISITS! Sign up to speak with college representatives here at BVHS: 2022-2023 College Representative Visits
- To submit a BABY photo for the graduation slideshow (deadline April 3, 2023): https://forms.gle/YQwDL4kJVL2gejyA6
- Substitutes Today: Timmer for Ebright
- Please check the link for TODAY’s Lunch Menu: https://family.titank12.com/menu/LEQR8R?lang=English
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY TO: Mohamed Akhwani, Tasha Boheman, William Finn, Connor Murphy
Electronic Postings—events, opportunities, jobs, camps, etc. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18BxZHHpEr7UOCmA614BKgdwb2LVq_e-Oc0nk8PuA-8Y/edit?usp=sharing